More than a pizzeria. Brandi is an institution, the place where the pizza is born. Since 1780, in the historic location in Via Sant’Anna di Palazzo, fragrant discs of flour dough and natural yeast continue to be baked. Eating a pizza from Brandi is Salita S. Anna di Palazzo, near Piazza del Plebiscito, is eating a piece of history. Just inside these walls for the first time they used basil, mozzarella and tomato sauce to give the tricolor effect to a special pizza in honor of Queen Margherita. In June 1889, as documented by a letter from the Real Casa Camillo Galli head chief, the pizza chef Raffaele Esposito was called to prepare his famous pizza for the Majesty, the Queen Margherita.
Vincenzo Errico, who has been making pizza for over 30 years, and Enrico Palumbo offer a pizza mostly based on traditional pizzas even though the pizzeria offers a wide range of variations called culture or history’s names of the city: Salvatore di Giacomo, Sofia Loren, Ferdinando II di Borbone, Matilde Serao, Peppino De Filippo etc, etc.
Following the tradition is the choice, from the Marinara made with tomato sauce, garlic and oregano to the “Totò” based on cicoli, provola cheese, ricotta cheese without forgetting the pizza in honor of Eleonora Pimintel Fonseca where the main ingredient is the buffalo mozzarella.